Anaerobic Digestion Market to Reach USD 27.72 Billion by 2032 with 9.4% CAGR
Anaerobic Digestion Market to Reach USD 27.72 Billion by 2032 with 9.4% CAGR Benzinga
The global anaerobic digestion market size was USD 12.35 billion in 2022 and is expected to reach USD 27.72 billion in 2032, with a CAGR of 9.4% during the forecast period. The market is driven by the demand for renewable energy sources and the need for environment-friendly waste management. Anaerobic digestion breaks down organic materials in the absence of oxygen, resulting in biogas and nutrient-rich digestate as byproducts.
Anaerobic Digestion Technology for Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Anaerobic digestion technology is being widely adopted in various industries, including energy, food & beverage, and agriculture, to meet the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). It helps in the generation of biogas, which can be used as a renewable energy source, reducing reliance on fossil fuels and greenhouse gas emissions. Additionally, the use of digestate as a fertilizer improves soil health and reduces the environmental impact of agriculture.
Environmental Responsibility and Waste Management
The anaerobic digestion market is also driven by the need for environmentally responsible waste management. The process reduces methane and harmful greenhouse gas emissions, while producing sustainable energy. Governments and organizations are increasingly focusing on achieving zero waste goals and reducing carbon footprints, leading to the adoption of anaerobic digestion technology.
Key Highlights from the Report:
- In 2022, the agricultural waste sector commanded the largest share of revenue, driven by the availability of agricultural waste as a feedstock source and the demand for renewable energy resources.
- In the same year, the power generation segment held the highest revenue share due to the increasing need for renewable energy sources and the aim to reduce dependence on fossil fuels.
- The European market is expected to maintain a substantial share of revenue throughout the projected period, driven by the region’s commitment to sustainability and renewable energy.
- Notable players in the global anaerobic digestion market include Biogest AG, EnviTec Biogas AG, Xergi A/S, PlanET Biogas Global GmbH, Clarke Energy, Schmack Biogas GmbH, Engie SA, Ameresco, Inc., Agrinz Technologies GmbH, and Bright Biomethane.
- Engie SA recently acquired Renvico, a provider of renewable energy in Italy, to enhance its clean energy solutions and market presence in the renewable energy sector.
Notable Innovations in Anaerobic Digestion Market:
- Enhanced Biogas Production: Innovations in biogas production methods are increasing the efficiency of anaerobic digestion processes, leading to higher biogas yields.
- Biodegradable Waste Sorting: Advanced waste sorting technologies optimize feedstock quality and enhance the overall digestion process.
- Co-Digestion of Multiple Feedstocks: Anaerobic digestion systems are designed to handle various organic feedstocks to maximize energy and biogas production.
- Digestate Valorization: Innovative methods for processing and utilizing digestate turn it into valuable products like organic fertilizers and soil amendments.
- Pre-Treatment Technologies: Advances in pre-treatment technologies improve the breakdown of complex organic materials, enhancing biogas production.
- Smart Monitoring and Control: Integration of smart sensors and control systems enables real-time monitoring and optimization of anaerobic digestion processes.
- Hybrid Digestion Systems: Combining anaerobic digestion with other technologies extracts more energy from organic waste streams and improves resource recovery.
- Decentralized Digestion: Innovations allow for smaller, decentralized anaerobic digestion systems, reducing transportation costs and increasing sustainability.
Anaerobic Digestion Market Report Scope:
- The market size value in 2022: USD 12.35 Billion
- CAGR (2022 – 2032): 9.4%
- The Revenue forecast in 2032: USD 27.72 Billion
- Base year for estimation: 2022
- Historical data: 2020-2021
- Forecast period: 2022-2032
- Quantitative units:
- Revenue in USD Billion
- CAGR from 2022 to 2032
- Report coverage: Revenue forecast, company ranking, competitive landscape, growth factors, and trends
- Segments covered: By Feedstock Type Outlook, End-use Outlook, Regional Outlook
- By Feedstock Type Outlook: Agricultural Waste, Municipal Waste, Industrial Waste, Others
- By End-use Outlook: Power Generation, Transportation Fuel, Fertilizer Production, Others
- Regional scope: North America; Europe; Asia Pacific; Latin America; Middle East & Africa
The global anaerobic digestion market is fragmented, with major players implementing various strategies to drive market growth. Some of the prominent companies in the market include Biogest AG, EnviTec Biogas AG, Xergi A/S, PlanET Biogas Global GmbH, Clarke Energy, Schmack Biogas GmbH, Engie SA, Ameresco, Inc., Agrinz Technologies GmbH, and Bright Biomethane.
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions focus on locating, targeting, and analyzing consumer behavior shifts across industries to help clients make smarter business decisions. We offer market intelligence studies across multiple industries, including Healthcare, Chemicals, Products, and Energy. Our experienced analysts provide fact-based research to keep our clients updated on the latest market trends.
John W (Head of Business Development)
Reports and Data | Web: www.reportsanddata.com
Direct Line: +1-212-710-1370
1. Which SDGs are addressed or connected to the issues highlighted in the article?
- SDG 7: Affordable and Clean Energy
- SDG 9: Industry, Innovation, and Infrastructure
- SDG 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities
- SDG 12: Responsible Consumption and Production
- SDG 13: Climate Action
- SDG 15: Life on Land
2. What specific targets under those SDGs can be identified based on the article’s content?
- SDG 7.2: Increase substantially the share of renewable energy in the global energy mix.
- SDG 9.4: Upgrade infrastructure and retrofit industries to make them sustainable, with increased resource-use efficiency and greater adoption of clean and environmentally sound technologies.
- SDG 11.6: Reduce the adverse per capita environmental impact of cities, including by paying special attention to air quality and municipal and other waste management.
- SDG 12.5: By 2030, substantially reduce waste generation through prevention, reduction, recycling, and reuse.
- SDG 13.2: Integrate climate change measures into national policies, strategies, and planning.
- SDG 15.5: Take urgent and significant action to reduce the degradation of natural habitats, halt the loss of biodiversity, and protect and prevent the extinction of threatened species.
3. Are there any indicators mentioned or implied in the article that can be used to measure progress towards the identified targets?
- Renewable energy capacity and generation as a percentage of the total energy mix.
- Investments in renewable energy infrastructure and technologies.
- Reduction in greenhouse gas emissions from the use of fossil fuels.
- Amount of organic waste diverted from landfills through anaerobic digestion.
- Reduction in methane and greenhouse gas emissions from waste management.
- Adoption and implementation of policies and regulations promoting anaerobic digestion technology.
SDGs, Targets, and Indicators Table
|SDG 7: Affordable and Clean Energy||7.2: Increase substantially the share of renewable energy in the global energy mix.||– Renewable energy capacity and generation as a percentage of the total energy mix.
– Investments in renewable energy infrastructure and technologies.
|SDG 9: Industry, Innovation, and Infrastructure||9.4: Upgrade infrastructure and retrofit industries to make them sustainable, with increased resource-use efficiency and greater adoption of clean and environmentally sound technologies.||– Investments in sustainable infrastructure and technologies.
– Adoption of clean and environmentally sound technologies in industries.
|SDG 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities||11.6: Reduce the adverse per capita environmental impact of cities, including by paying special attention to air quality and municipal and other waste management.||– Reduction in greenhouse gas emissions from waste management.
– Adoption and implementation of sustainable waste management practices in cities.
|SDG 12: Responsible Consumption and Production||12.5: By 2030, substantially reduce waste generation through prevention, reduction, recycling, and reuse.||– Amount of organic waste diverted from landfills through anaerobic digestion.
– Reduction in waste generation through prevention, reduction, recycling, and reuse.
|SDG 13: Climate Action||13.2: Integrate climate change measures into national policies, strategies, and planning.||– Reduction in methane and greenhouse gas emissions from waste management.
– Adoption and implementation of policies and regulations promoting anaerobic digestion technology.
|SDG 15: Life on Land||15.5: Take urgent and significant action to reduce the degradation of natural habitats, halt the loss of biodiversity, and protect and prevent the extinction of threatened species.||– Preservation and restoration of natural habitats affected by waste management practices.
– Protection of biodiversity in areas where anaerobic digestion is implemented.
Behold! This splendid article springs forth from the wellspring of knowledge, shaped by a wondrous proprietary AI technology that delved into a vast ocean of data, illuminating the path towards the Sustainable Development Goals. Remember that all rights are reserved by SDG Investors LLC, empowering us to champion progress together.
Join us, as fellow seekers of change, on a transformative journey at https://sdgtalks.ai/welcome, where you can become a member and actively contribute to shaping a brighter future.