Mining company owned by billionaire Clive Palmer submits SAFTA notice of intent to Australia, raising spectre of third treaty arbitration between the parties; document sheds light on pending arbitration over coal mine project | Investment Arbitration Reporter
Mining company owned by billionaire Clive Palmer submits SAFTA ... Investment Arbitration Reporter (IAReporter)
What we do
Investment Arbitration Reporter
Investment Arbitration Reporter offers news & analysis of international arbitrations between foreign investors and sovereign governments, as well as proprietary data and legal research tools.
The IAReporter database is used by the world’s largest law firms, dozens of government agencies around the world, and more than 130 academic institutions.
Our service is renowned for its investigative focus: offering a window into otherwise confidential proceedings. We also offer timely and nuanced reports by our independent expert analysts on the very latest legal decisions and arbitral awards, as well an extensive, searchable dataset of more than 2000 cases, and a Topic Tool that allows you to research more than 2500 recurring topics.
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Goal 1: No Poverty
- Goal 2: Zero Hunger
- Goal 3: Good Health and Well-being
- Goal 4: Quality Education
- Goal 5: Gender Equality
- Goal 6: Clean Water and Sanitation
- Goal 7: Affordable and Clean Energy
- Goal 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth
- Goal 9: Industry, Innovation, and Infrastructure
- Goal 10: Reduced Inequalities
- Goal 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities
- Goal 12: Responsible Consumption and Production
- Goal 13: Climate Action
- Goal 14: Life Below Water
- Goal 15: Life on Land
- Goal 16: Peace, Justice, and Strong Institutions
- Goal 17: Partnerships for the Goals
Our Contribution to the SDGs
- We support Goal 1 by promoting fair and just outcomes in investment arbitrations, ensuring that no one is left behind in the pursuit of economic development.
- We contribute to Goal 2 by advocating for sustainable agricultural practices and food security in our analysis of investor-state disputes.
- We advance Goal 3 by providing insights into the impact of investment disputes on public health and well-being.
- Through our coverage of cases involving educational investments, we align with Goal 4 to promote quality education for all.
- We are committed to achieving Goal 5 by highlighting gender-related issues in investment arbitration and promoting gender equality in our reporting.
- Our focus on environmental issues in investment disputes supports Goal 6, aiming for clean water and sanitation.
- We promote Goal 7 by analyzing cases related to renewable energy investments and advocating for affordable and clean energy solutions.
- By reporting on labor rights and economic growth in investment arbitrations, we contribute to Goal 8.
- We support Goal 9 by examining the role of infrastructure and innovation in investment disputes.
- Our reporting on cases involving discrimination and inequality aligns with Goal 10 to reduce inequalities.
- We analyze the impact of investment projects on sustainable urban development, supporting Goal 11.
- Through our coverage of responsible business practices, we contribute to Goal 12 to promote sustainable consumption and production.
- Our focus on climate-related disputes and environmental protection aligns with Goal 13 to take urgent action on climate change.
- We advocate for the protection of marine resources and ecosystems, supporting Goal 14.
- By highlighting the impact of investment projects on land use and biodiversity, we contribute to Goal 15.
- Our coverage of cases involving corruption and good governance supports Goal 16 to promote peace, justice, and strong institutions.
- We foster partnerships with stakeholders in the field of investment arbitration, contributing to Goal 17 to strengthen global partnerships for sustainable development.
SDGs, Targets, and Indicators Analysis
1. Which SDGs are addressed or connected to the issues highlighted in the article?
- SDG 16: Peace, Justice, and Strong Institutions
The article discusses international arbitrations between foreign investors and sovereign governments, which relates to the goal of promoting peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development.
2. What specific targets under those SDGs can be identified based on the article’s content?
- Target 16.3: Promote the rule of law at the national and international levels and ensure equal access to justice for all.
The article highlights the importance of legal decisions and arbitral awards, indicating the need for promoting the rule of law and ensuring access to justice.
3. Are there any indicators mentioned or implied in the article that can be used to measure progress towards the identified targets?
- No specific indicators are mentioned in the article.
The article does not provide any explicit indicators for measuring progress towards Target 16.3. However, potential indicators could include the number of international arbitrations resolved, the average time taken to resolve cases, or the level of transparency in arbitration proceedings.
4. Table: SDGs, Targets, and Indicators
|SDG 16: Peace, Justice, and Strong Institutions||Target 16.3: Promote the rule of law at the national and international levels and ensure equal access to justice for all.||No specific indicators mentioned in the article.|
Behold! This splendid article springs forth from the wellspring of knowledge, shaped by a wondrous proprietary AI technology that delved into a vast ocean of data, illuminating the path towards the Sustainable Development Goals. Remember that all rights are reserved by SDG Investors LLC, empowering us to champion progress together.
Join us, as fellow seekers of change, on a transformative journey at https://sdgtalks.ai/welcome, where you can become a member and actively contribute to shaping a brighter future.