Summerville man charged with child sexual abuse crime
Summerville man charged with child sexual abuse crime WCBD News 2
Arrest Made in Child Sex Abuse Case in South Carolina
COLUMBIA, S.C. (WCBD) – A Summerville man was arrested for a child sex abuse crime, according to South Carolina Attorney General Alan Wilson.
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) Emphasis:
- Goal 16: Peace, Justice, and Strong Institutions
- Goal 5: Gender Equality
Devin McCray, 18, is charged with one count of sexual exploitation of a minor in the second degree.
Investigation and Arrest
- The Dorchester County Sheriff’s Office, alongside the Internet Crime Against Children unit, arrested McCray.
- Investigators received a CyberTipline report from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children that led them to discover McCray distributed files of child sexual abuse material, the release states.
Potential Conviction and Sentencing
- If convicted, McCray can serve up to ten years in prison.
- The Attorney General’s Office is prosecuting this case.
Join us, as fellow seekers of change, on a transformative journey at https://sdgtalks.ai/welcome, where you can become a member and actively contribute to shaping a brighter future.